Monday, September 16, 2013

Giroud confident of fitness for Marseille clash

The France international twisted his ankle against Sunderland but expects to return for Wednesday's Champions League tie and is hopeful of being England's top goalscorer

Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud is confident that he will be ready to take on Marseille despite twisting his ankle against Sunderland.

The France international netted after just 11 minutes at the Stadium of Light and also assisted Aaron Ramsey's second goal in the 3-1 win but was withdrawn late on to throw his participation in Wednesday's Champions League tie into doubt.

"It is not bad. I twisted my ankle but, fortunately, it is nothing major," Giroud told the press.

"Marseille? Yes, I am OK, I will be fine."

The Gunners star had already scored three times in his opening three club games of the season before the visit to the Black Cats saw club-record signing Mesut Ozil added to the team and feels that he is in with a chance of winning the Premier League's Golden Boot.

"With this team I can score many goals," he enthused. "Can I finish the league's top scorer? I must have a chance." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment