Monday, April 1, 2013

Nasri: I do not regret leaving Arsenal for Manchester City

The 25-year-old midfielder has endured an inconsistent campaign for Roberto Mancini's side this season, admitting that his own individual form simply has not been good enough.
Samir Nasri insists he has no regrets over his decision to leave Arsenal for Manchester City in 2011, even though he has lamented his departure from mentor Arsene Wenger.

Roberto Mancini revealed his frustration at the midfielder's inconsistent performances this season, with the France international’s showings ranging from abject to brilliant, and it was the latter on Saturday as he was named Man of the Match in the club’s 4-0 win over Newcastle.

Nevertheless, the 25-year-old Nasri maintains that he has no remorse over the nature of his exit from Arsenal, but rather his disappointment at not being able to work with Wenger for a longer period of time.

"Arsene Wenger is the greatest coach I have worked with. I only regret not having more discussions with Arsene Wenger when I left [for Manchester City]," Nasri told beIN Sport. "I do not have regrets. I do not regret joining Manchester City. I want to play and perform. My departure from Arsenal is purely for sporting reasons.

Nasri also admitted that in light of Mancini's recent criticism, he understands his own form hasn't quite been up to scratch this season.

"I am aware that I do not realize a good season," Nasri said. "There are many reasons. But when Mancini said that I'm training at 50 percent, this is not true.

"I felt comfortable against Newcastle. It's been a time that I feel good."

0 comments:

Post a Comment