Sunday, August 4, 2013

Tevez: I've not worked this hard since Boca Juniors days

The Bianconeri's new Argentine attacker is confident his pre-season endeavour will pay off in the near future and says his previous troubles will not plague his time in Italy
Juventus striker Carlos Tevez has admitted that he has not worked as hard in pre-season since he was at Boca Juniors.

The 29-year-old forward, who joined the Bianconeri from Manchester City earlier this summer, explained that he is really enjoying being put through his paces by coach Antonio Conte, as he expects all of the hard work to pay off.

“I’m training very intensely, and it’s normal to be a bit tired," the Argentine attacker told reporters on Saturday. "I haven’t worked this hard since I was at Boca Juniors!

"The objective is to be ready for the [Italian] Super Cup, and games such as our clash against Galaxy [on Saturday] are useful to help you prepare in the best possible way.”

Tevez also expressed his gratitude to Conte for recently telling journalists that the former Manchester United striker is very different to the person portrayed by sections of the media.

“I’m a good person and I think that in the long run time will tell exactly what someone’s really like," he reasoned.

“Conte also places great importance on tactics and is very well-prepared. I’m looking to pay careful attention to the systems used and apply what Conte asks of me on the field of play."

Juventus meet Lazio in the Supercoppa Italiana at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome on August 18.

0 comments:

Post a Comment