Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pellegrini will bring out the best in Manchester City, says Navas

The 27-year-old signing from Sevilla linked up with his new team-mates for the Asia Trophy in Hong Kong, and believes his new manager's 'clear vision' will be crucial
Manchester City new signing Jesus Navas is backing Manuel Pellegrini to get the best out of both him and his colleagues in the Premier League next season.

The 27-year-old winger, one of a spate of summer arrivals at the Etihad, joined up with last season's runners-up for their Barclays Asia Trophy in Hong Kong this week.

However, looking ahead to the impending season, Navas had nothing  praise for his new manager.

“Manuel [Pellegrini] is a great coach. He has clear ideas and a clear vision, and he will get the best out of all of us,” the Spain international told the club's official website.

“I’m very happy to be here and I think we can enjoy [the Premier League] a lot this season.

“It is important to get fit for the start of the season. As I said, I’m very happy here and I’m sure we will do big things this season.”

Navas added that he has been pleased with the welcome he has received since arriving at the club from Sevilla.

“My team-mates were extremely friendly to me and it’s important to have this feeling,” he stated.

“It was really important [settling in here in Hong Kong]. The Premier League starts in a few weeks so it is important to get fit and ready for the action.

“We’re happy to win this title, but the most important thing is to get fit for the Premier League.

“I have never been [to Manchester] but I have been told it rains a lot, but it also rained a lot this week in Hong Kong so I will be fine with the weather.”

City paid a reported €17.2 million to sign Navas, who has been capped 28 times by his country, from Sevilla earlier this summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment